RelaxPack was created by Aparna Guttery MA, OTR/L, a pediatric occupational therapist specialized in treating children with sensory processing disorders and special needs. She has been working with children for over 15 years and currently has a private practice in Southern California.
RelaxPack emerged out of identifying a need for an effective yet convenient way to provide children immediate access to calming and soothing comfort when and where they needed it.
Aparna recognized that there were no products on the market that combined functionality, convenient access, and effective calming support. Taking the utility of a backpack that children use daily and combining it with calming and soothing features, was how RelaxPack came to life!
Aparna’s greatest wish for RelaxPack is to help make everyday life smoother for children and their families. With this in mind, the design of the backpack was created to support children with:
• Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Sensory Processing Disorder
• Emotional Disturbance
…And all children in need of extra comfort
Features of the Backpack
The unique and patent-pending features of RelaxPack include:
• The Hug Belt: A built-in neoprene compression belt that provides soothing deep pressure
• Fidget Strips: Interchangeable and removable sensory strips to fidget with
• D-rings for Chewies: Attach chewies to RelaxPack and never lose them again
Other functional features include:
• A headphone port
• Protective built-in tablet and phone sleeves
• Mesh pockets for water bottles and to store fidgets
• Clip to hold keys
• Built-in pouches and pockets to keep organized